Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Yarn Garden - new book

Just before the holidays I received a wonderful surprise in the post. It was a copy of a new book - The Yarn Garden written by J. Marsha Michler.  There are 30 + designs using plant-based fibers and four of them use our hemp for knitting yarns. Along with a nice handwritten note, the pages that feature our yarns were all marked. There's the "Silver Saxifrage" a crocheted belt, "Wild Blueberry" a graceful dolman sleeved kimono-style wrap, "Wild Oats" a lace and cable purse and finally "Dark Raspberry" a head scarf (or small wrap) worked with just one skein of allhemp6. I don't have any photos of the projects yet but as soon as I do I'll post them.  Looking through the book I would say most of these delightful designs would work great worked in hemp. In addition to the designs there is a section called "Tips, Tricks and Important Information, filled with useful instructions and descriptions. Great work Marsha, I'm proud to have been a small part of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment