Thursday, March 25, 2010

Latest Knitting

Many people have suggested I design something shawl-like using the allhemp3 yarn. I'm not really a shawl kinda girl, so I feel a little out of touch with shawl designs. Then,  Bridget (from Klose Knit) told me about a design many knitters she knows are working on. It's called "Citron" designed by Hilary Smith Callis. I checked it out at Knitty and indeed this was a design I'd wear. So 3 skeins of allhemp3 later, and its done. I really like the ruching effect. This is something I've seen in several of my books and always liked it but never tried before. It was so nice knitting some else's pattern and this one is written very well. Now I'm using this ruching technique on a "wee project". Stay tuned.



1 comment:

  1. Lovely shawl, and choice of color, and just 3 skeins to make!

    ReplyDelete